Friday, September 10, 2010

Long time no see (or write)

It's been almost two weeks since my last post.  So much for blogging every day!  Its been a rough week. 

Remember my rant post a couple of weeks ago?  Well, dear hubby has been in the hospital now since Saturday and is still not doing as well as I would like.  The doctor had recently changed his blood pressure meds and put him on one called losinipro.  It seemed to be working because his blood pressure was finally staying in the normal range.  But two weeks ago he thought he was getting a cold.  His throat was sore and he had a cough.  As the week went on, it got worse and worse until Saturday, when he began coughing so hard he started to vomit. 

The vomiting caused his gastro paresis to flair up which meant he couldn't stop vomiting.  So Saturday evening I took him to the ER.  After an almost 4 hour wait they finally brought us back to an exam room.  The doctor immediately decided to admit him.  They have run all kinds of tests, X-rays, MRI and CT scans.  Everything has come back normal (still waiting on the MRI results) but his cough is worse.  They have determined it is caused from the Losinipro and have taken him off, but we have been told it could take a month for the cough to go away.  They (the doctors at the hospital) are also saying he might have COPD.  I will be furious if this drug caused it! 

We had hoped he would be released from the hospital by now, but when I spoke to him at lunch time, it didn't look that way.  He is feeling very discouraged and I don't blame him.  He has been poked and prodded and put through a lot this week.

Because I am deaf (with cochlear implants), I can't hear the alarm go off.   Jack has always been my alarm clock.  So I've been using my cell phone and setting it on vibrate. I literally fall asleep holding the phone in my hand so I'll feel the alarm when it goes off.  The problem with this, however, is that I am afraid I'll let go of it and not feel the vibration when it goes off.  So I don't go into a deep sleep and I am constantly looking at the clock to see what time it is.  Needless to say...I am exhausted!

Yesterday, on my way home from work, I was feeling very sorry for myself.  Some fear welled up inside of me that this was to be my life and to get used to it.  I had a heart-to-heart with God, reminding Him that He would never give me more than I can work through.  I told Him "I'm stressed."  He answered back "You're blessed."  I told Him "I'm tired."  He responded, "My grace is enough."  I told Him, "I'm worried about finances, bills, etc.", and He told me, "Consider the lilies of the field." 

How can you argue with God?  The answer to that is, You cant!  God will get me through this.  I have a saying I heard a long time ago that I love.  I"f God will bring you to it, He'll bring you through it!"

Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I am waiting on the Lord today!

Be blessed,

Sue 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sue - try placing the phone in your pillow case or another option is to wear a bra to bed and place the phone in your bra

    He is WITH YOU!!! Praying for you to see His strength as you call upon Him!

    ReplyDelete