Thursday, July 22, 2010

Step One

OK, for years people have been telling me I should start blogging...I mean, I love to write, so why not? I think part of my problem is, just getting started. You know, taking that first step. What's stopping me? Why do I put it off "for another day" all the time? What am I afraid of?

Am I afraid I might find out more about "who I am" than I really want to know? Or am I afraid I won't be good enough as a writer? Maybe I'm just afraid that what ever I write won't be "interesting enough" for anyone else to read. Or...maybe I am afraid that putting my thoughts into writing might just reveal a little more of my heart than I really want to see!

Of course all those could be wrong and the real reason I've put it off is because I am just a procrastinator! Hey, it could be true!!!

ANYWAY, last night I talked with a wonderful gal in my small group who is also a writer and has had a book published (a dream of mine since I was a teenager). She talked to me about making herself write every day. She treats it like it is a job. It made sense to me. So, I am going to give it a try (again) and start writing.

So here it is...step one! My first blog on my very own blog spot (or whater you call it). I am truly inexperienced here and haven't got the slightest idea as to what I am doing! But I am sure in good time I will learn. And I'm always willing to take advice and constructive critiscism. Just be nice. :-)

As far as what my blogs will be about...I have no idea! I am just going to write about my life and what I think God is doing in it. My goal is to learn a little more about me, learn a lot more about God and grow closer to Him as a result. Maybe He and I will be the only ones who ever read this and that's ok. Because this is really a place to practice my writing skills so that I can do what I really want to do, and that is to write (and have published ) a book. A couple of books actually.

I want to write a fictional Christian romance novel. I actually have the story already written in my head, but I have had a hard time actually typing it out and getting it in book format. I need to dicipline myself more and just make myself do it.

I also want to take my journal which I've been writing in for years and write a devotional. My journal is very special to me. I write about different scriptures I read and what I feel God is showing me in those scriptures. I think some of my favorite times with my Father is when I write in my journal. The closeness I feel with Him is beyond anything I could ever explain. I can go back and reread what I've written and sometimes I am just amazed at what God was saying to me at that time. I truly believe God has been telling me He wants me to write this devotional and I really want to do it. I just need to take that first step!

I am going to do this, but I freely admit I am afraid. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone by putting my thoughts, feelings and ideas on the internet. But God in His amazing love and kindness reminded me of Proverbs 3:5

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." (NIV)
Have a blessed day!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment