Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hello October!

October?  Already?  Wait....where did September go?  I know it was here a minute ago!

I cannot, cannot, cannot believe that it is October!  I still have my A/C on!  The girls were swimming this weekend.  How can it be October?

On the bright side...it's October!  It's the time of year I get to reminisce about the leaves changing color, the smell of pumpkin pie cooking, the cool crisp air and I get to decorate my house.  (My husband thinks I am so weird.)   My house is all decorated with Autumn decorations and I have a scented candle (Pumpkin Spice) on the candle warmer.
I love pumpkins!

 
I really miss the four seasons.  Here in Arizona we only have two...Hot, hot, hot and cold.  Spring lasts for about 2 hours and Fall lasts for maybe a day.  Our leaves do change color, but mostly just from green to brown to dead on the ground.  When I was growing up in NJ, I loved the fall.  I couldn't wait for the leaves to change color.  And watching them flutter to the ground was always so peaceful.  (Raking them up is a whole different story!)

Growing up, Autumn meant the beginning of so many things.  Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then of course Christmas.  I think this is what I miss the most about living back east.  So of course I have to get crazy with decorating.  I figure, if I can't have a NJ Autumn in AZ, I'll bring a NJ Autumn into my house!  (I get even more crazy at Christmas!)

We had a HUGE rain storm on Tuesday.  For those of you who live in places where rain is a normal event, you won't understand why we in AZ make such a big deal about it.  Especially when we have a storm like we did this week.  I couldn't even see the other side of the parking lot when I looked out my office window.  The rain was coming down so hard that visibility was less than 30 feet.  Then the hail started and they were the size of golf balls.  In some parts of the valley they were as big as baseballs.  Car windows were busted out and a lot of homes were damaged. 

To make matters worse, I had to catch the bus in 15 minutes.  Boy was I praying.  Fortunately when it was time to go home, the storm had slowed down a little.  It was still pouring out but I didn't care.  I grabbed my cell phone and started taking pictures and sending them to facebook.  Yeah, me and a few thousand other people had the same idea!  Storm pictures were posted all over facebook!

That's my bus stop across that river!

It knocked trees down

I don't think the umbrella was helping!

I had to walk in this to get to the bus stop!

From the window of my bus.  The road was a river.

The bus was 30 minutes late so by the time it got here I was soaked up to my knees.  It took an hour and a half to get home.  But I didn't mind.  We so rarely get weather like this that I always find it exciting.  (However, I'm sure all those with damage to their homes didn't find it so exciting!) 

The next day the weather was hot again and the ground had soaked up most of the water.  That's what happens when you live in the desert.

Still no transplant for the hubby.  They keep telling us "any day now."  I think I an idea of how a husband feels while waiting for his wife to go into labor.  We are so ready for this.

The good news is, God is always good and He still sits on the throne!  Therefor my trust is in Him and I will not worry.

Be blessed,

Sue

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue!

    Yes, I'm in AZ, too. The weather was crazy on Tuesday! It always amazes me how much rain we get and how there is no evidence of it when it stops. The ground just soaks it up!

    I hope you're back is feeling better. Mine is still sore, and yes, I think some of it is the weather. It's really cold where I am now and it just seeps into my bones and makes everything hurt. I have never heard of the patch you wear - I'm going to talk to my pain management doc about it!

    God bless you Julie

    ReplyDelete