Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday


I want to first say I am so glad I found Linda at Truthful Tidbits.  She is a grandma, like me.  And she has had to watch her daughter go through one of the most difficult things a mom can go through, and sadly, more than once!  Finding Linda let me finding Iris at Grace Alone where Thankful Thursday is hosted.  I encourage you to stop by and visit them.

I have so much to be thankful for and yet I find myself complaining more than thanking...such is the flesh of man!  Surely the devil would rather keep us bound up in negative, depressing thoughts rather than thoughts of praise.  And it is so easy to get caught up in the vicious cycle of negative complaining, feeling sorry for oneself, blaming, etc.  The devil doesn't even have to do a whole lot of work to get us there.  We simply walk right into that pit with eyes wide open.

So, I want to thank Iris for Thankful Thursday.  It causes me to stop and pause and actually think about things I am thankful for.  So, without further adieu...

I am thankful for the doctors at Mayo Clinic.  Because of their hard work, dedication, and willingness to learn about medicine, they are able to take a healthy kidney out of one person, and place it into the body of another person who has a sick kidney.

I am thankful for Christina, the wife of our small group leader (she co-leads with her husband), because she heard my husband's plea even though he wasn't asking.

I am thankful that God gave Christina blood that matched my husband's blood and kidneys that are healthy.

I am thankful that my work has told me that I can take the time off to help my husband heal and to "not worry about what goes on down here."

I am thankful that I have a family that will rally around my husband and myself and lift us up in prayer as we face this new place in our life.

And I am also thankful that November 23 is not too far away.  We may miss Thanksgiving day, but we sure will have a lot to be thankful for.

I Chronicles 16:8-12 (NIV)
Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always.
Remember the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced

Be blessed,

Sue

1 comment:

  1. LOL.. I am about 4 hours from you.. the cake was wonderful!! try it out.

    ReplyDelete