Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm joining an online Bible Study

The Goodwin Family


Join me in doing an online Bible Study.  Just click on the link above and it will take you to Jenilee's webpage.

We are starting with Galatians.  Today was chapter one.

I love how Paul makes it very clear that he was called to be an Apostle by Jesus, himself.   He makes it very clear that it was not by human authority.  He then goes on in chapter 6 by stating that he was shocked at how quickly the Galatians turned away from the gospel he taught them and began listening to others who were teaching a different way.  Paul does not step lightly when he disciplines the Galatians. He says it at he sees it.  (I love the way Paul teaches!)  He doesn't care if he offends some people because it is Christ he answers to, not people.

In verse 11, Paul makes it clear that Jesus Christ himself gave Paul the Good News of salvation.  Even though Christ has been crucified and ascended to Heaven by the time Paul was saved, Paul still had an encounter with Him personally.

I think one of the things that really sticks with me is verse 16 and 17.  He says..., "When all this happened to me, I did not rush out to consult with anyone else; nor did I go up to Jerusalem to consult with those who were apostles before I was."  Paul knew that he knew that he knew that he had been called to be an apostle by Christ.  He didn't have to go get confirmation from others.  He had that kind of faith.  Oh that I would have faith like that!

So, there we have it.  Chapter one.  If anyone out in blog land reads my blog, I do hope you connect with  Jennilee at My Awake Journey and Christina at Get Joy to follow along.

Be blessed,

Sue

1 comment:

  1. great post! you are welcome to blog with us!!! :) if you don't have time, you can comment in the comments of my post or christina's post... either way, I'm glad you are studying along with us! :)

    ReplyDelete