Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday



Happy Thursday!  I have many things to be thankful for.

As I look around my house I am thankful for a husband who loves me enough to cook dinner for me.  He may not be a great cook, but he gives it his all and for that I am thankful!

I am thankful for my animals who love me and think I walk on water.  I really don't, but if I could be half the person my dog thinks I am, then I have done a good job.


I am thankful that I have a job that pays me enough to pay my electric bill.  Therefore I can live in a home that keeps me warm while watching TV or blogging on my computer.

I am thankful that God created chocolate!  I can't help but hope that when I get to Heaven, there will be chocolate at the banqueting table.  (I am speaking to my mom as I write this and she just told me her lung doctor told her to eat chocolate every day! He said it is "good" fat!  I love that doctor!)

I am thankful for life saving medication that keep my husband alive for another day.  While we continue to pray for healing, we are grateful for men and women who have dedicated their lives to creating medication that saves lives.    I am also thankful that these wise people have created medical aids such as insulin pumps and cochlear implants.

I am thankful that I can have the very Word of God sitting next to me on my chair.  I know in some countries Christians could be arrested for having a Bible in their home.



I am thankful for the lovely flowers that are still in bloom outside my door.  These flowers have been blooming since early spring and they continue to grow bigger and bigger.  I know they won't survive the winter, but I am thankful for each day they are still in bloom.

Shortly after being planted

My garden statues are almost covered up!
 
  I am also thankful for my small group and the love they have shown me and my husband.  They are so much more than a small group.  They are family and they lift us up in prayer and love us unconditionally.

I am thankful for my family.  God has blessed me with wonderful children who make my heart glad.  They have all grown up into awesome adults and parents.  My quiver is indeed full!

Front to back L-R: Adam, Jack, Sandy Michelle, Kerry, Connie, Angie, Jack, Me

There are so many things I am thankful for, but I will save them for another time.  God is indeed good and I praise Him for every thing He has done for me and my family.

Now, before I end this, I want to tell you about my bloggy friend Lynette.  She is having a  drawing to win a $100 Gift Certificate for CSN Stores!  Just visit Lynnette at Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground!  Visit: http://www.lynnettekraft.com/

Be blessed,

Sue
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment