Monday, November 8, 2010

Blogging from my phone

I am frustrated trying to get this to work from my cell phone. I have made a few attempts that didn't work but I think this time it is working.

I want to be able to blog about Jack's transplant surgery when he goes in but not sure I'll be able to have my computer there. So I will blog from my phone if I need to...but wanted to get a few practice blogs in first. Who knows, I might find that I really like it!

Jack has been sick all weekend with a cold. He has to be 100% healthy when we go in on the 18th for his pre-op appointment. So we are praying he gets better quickly and that it passes me by completely. After two years of waiting for this day, we don't want anything to mess it up. The only reason we wouldn't want the surgery on November 23 is because we had a kidney/pancreas donor come first. We are praying God's will, not ours, be done.

Can I just say writing a blog on the cell phone on the bus can be a bit of a challenge? I am determined, however, to get it done. Not because I have something of major importance to say, but just because I want to see if I can do it.

Have you ever found yourself trying to say something but you can't remember the word? You wrack your brain trying to think of what it is and it's just not there. So you substitute it with a similar word that's sort of what you want but not quite. Then you go about your business and the word jumps in your head. I like to say, "I'm not getting old...I just have a lot more files in the ol' filing cabinet then you younger folks!"

When I was typing that part about doing a blog on the bus being a challenge, I couldn't remember the word "challenge" so I typed the word "struggle. " It's close but wasn't the word I wanted. But then as I was typing a few more words, it just popped into my head. Do you know how hard it is to scroll back when you are on a bouncy bus and you ALREADY don't know what you're doing? Well if your smart you probably know not to blog on your phone while riding a bouncy bus! (If this post works and there are no errors in it, I'll be amazed.

Well since it has taken me more than half an hour to type this, (no, I'm not a slow typist but I keep having to correct the, "bumpy" mistakes), I will go ahead and try to post. I don't know if it will work but here goes nothing...

1 comment:

  1. And it worked! Now I can just remember how I did it the next time!

    ReplyDelete