Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday's Walk - Adam



Last week I shared about my daughters Kerry and Connie.  They were my first and second born children.  I want to do a walk down on each of my children that I gave birth to, but I also want to do my memories of my three that I inherited when I married their dad.  So rather than do this by their ages, I am going to do my four and then my husband's three. 

So today, meet my son Adam.

Around 3 months

Total cuteness!

Adam was always a happy baby.  He hated loud noises and any type of yelling.  When he would get fussy, all I would have to do is take him into the bedroom, shut the door and just hold him close and sing to him.  He would stop crying and just snuggle right into my arms. 

When Adam was old enough to talk, he made it very clear that he didn't like any type of arguing or fighting.  If I was yelling at one of the girls, or having a disagreement with my husband, Adam would tell us, "You're hurting my heart!  Please stop."  Now in my defense, I have to say that we weren't always arguing.  If we were just having a lively conversation, he didn't like our voices to be raised.  He always wanted us to talk in a soft spoken tone of voice.  He was such a cute kid, who could argue with him!


I love the look on his face!

I know, I know...he was so stinkin' cute!  This was a kid who used to come up to me and say "Mommy, I need a huggle!"  It was his own made up word and it meant he needed a hug and wanted to cuddle at the same time.  Adam was the kind of kid who didn't get into a lot of trouble when he was little.  If he was doing something wrong, all you needed to do was get down to his level, make him look at your face, and explain to him what he was doing wrong and why he needed to stop.  He was pretty good about listening and obeying. 

When he was five years old, he was running in the house and tripped over his sister's baby stroller.  He hit his nose on the corner of the coffee table and it began to bleed profusely.  It was literally gushing out blood.  We called 911 and the paramedics came.  They told us to take him to the ER and he would have to get stitches.  At the time, the doctor thought he might need plastic surgery, but we prayed and God healed his nose just fine. 


Kindergarten

As you can see, he still had the cute little nose!  He also hit his mouth on the back of the seat in our station wagon because he kept going back and forth from the seat to the back.  That is not a missing tooth in the picture, but a dead tooth.  When he hit his mouth, he killed the root.  Because it was a baby tooth the dentist chose to let it fall out on it's own.

So Adam grew up into a handsome young man.  All the girls loved him.  He was more interested in sports though.  He loved baseball and basket ball.  We had him on city leagues and he did pretty good.



In his Freshman year of high school, he got into football.  I can honestly say that I was always happy when the coach kept Adam on the bench.  (Sorry son, but it's true!)  I was always a wreck that he'd get hurt because he wasn't as big as the other guys.  Thankfully, he finished the season with all his body parts in tact!

After the football season was over, he got on the soccer team.  I thought, "Great!  This is so much safer!  What could possibly go wrong?" 

Well, nothing, if you don't count the time he hyper extended his leg, thus blowing out his knee and damaging his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and the medial collateral ligament (MCL).  His coach didnt' believe he was hurt and made him walk off the field!  The poor kid ended up having to have surgery to rebuild his knee cap and he was bedridden for weeks with his leg hooked up to some sort of contraption that made it move up and down.  To say my son was miserable is a total understatement!  But the kid still managed to keep his smile!







He missed a lot of school and it put him behind his class.  But we moved him to an accelerated school and he was able to catch up.  Both he and his brother graduated together.  I was so proud of them. 

Adam and Jack


Proof he is a graduate!

My son has never been one to care how others think he should look.  He has always followed after his own drum.  He had some crazy hair days too!


Read the shirt, it explains it all!

Adam, Samanth and Jack

Rock star!


We had fun this day when we did his hair like this.  We used the Knox Gelatin to do his hair and it took two of us to do it.  He had special permission to go to school like this, but when we tried to get him in the van, his hair was too tall!  He ended up riding to school while laying down in the van!  (Good times!)

Adam taught me that we should never judge a book by the cover, but by what is inside.  Because of him I have been able to walk up to strangers and have a conversation with them without fear.  I realize now that most of these people are not thugs or gangsters, but just people who have their own idea of how they want to look or dress.  I have found out that they are pretty cool people!  They have the same wants and needs that regular folks have.  They are equally loved by God and when willing, can be used to reach a whole generation of lost souls. 

The pictures below are of my son today.  While I can honestly say I miss his untattooed, piercless person, I love him just as he is, and I am just as proud of him today as I was the day he was born.






Um, that last picture...don't ask!  I'm not sure I could give you an answer anyway!

Bottom line is, my son has been my joy his entire life!  He makes me laugh in ways nobody else can.  He has a heart of gold, and when he is ready, God is going to use him to radically change the world.

I love you, my son, and I miss you!  Don't stay away too long.  Your momma needs you!

Well, that's my memory for today!  Hope you enjoyed.

Be blessed,

Sue
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. this is a great post about your son! what a kid! :) I love all the creativity and what it has taught you about people. an amazing lesson for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our son is in his 3rd year of college...and he also has had every range of hairstyles imagainable :o) He is very much part of the leadership at the University's Christian Student Fellowship...durign their hosting of the Guiness World Record of the Largest water balloon fight, on the video you can see him starting it off with his mohawk shaved head and him dancing! He is a cancer survivor and a witness for God. God is good!

    Thank you for sharing about your son :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    I'm getting a chance to catch up on blog reading...if you get a chance to stop by my place, please do.

    ReplyDelete