Saturday, November 13, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

I've been busy with life, so haven't been able to post on my blog.  We had a huge birthday party for Lillian today at her other grandparents house.  There was a lot of people there.

Grandpa Love got a bouncy house for the kids.  Sandy ordered a Tres Leches cake.  It was amazing, and delicious!

I used my FxCamera application on my cell phone.  I love playing with the different settings and different camera types.

SymmetriCam application makes it a mirror image
This is called Fish Bowl
This application is called Polandroid 
I wanted to bring my real camera, but forgot it so I didn't get to take as many pictures as I had wanted.  I am hoping my daughters and mom took some good ones as well.

It was a beautiful day for a party.  the weather was perfect.  Jeffrey grilled chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill.  His mom made potato salad and the best chili I've ever had.  I would love to get her recipe but then, that would mean I have to cook.  She adds a jalapeno pepper to it but just one.  Just enough to go, "oh yeah..." but not so much that you are running for your bottle of water.

There was a lot of kids there.  They aged from 3 months up to 19 years old.  The bouncy house was definitely a home run for the kids.  They spent most of their time in there jumping and bouncing around.  It was loud and the kids were laughing and screaming and just having the best time.  But it was loud!  I had a great time, but all good things must come to an end sometime...so we headed home.  Where it is quiet.  Blessedly quiet.

I've been so busy these past few days.  I haven't had a chance to do my online Bible study.  And it bothers me because I need to be more disciplined.  I just get so busy with everything in life and don't do what's important.  I am reading my Bible, but not studying it the way I want to.

I need to get back to journaling and that was why I decided to do the online study.  I've never journaled in a blog, just in my journals.  It's easy for me to sit with pen in hand and start writing.  But I seem to struggle with it when it comes to typing it.  *sigh*

I think on Monday I will find out which office I am moving to.  I will go up and do some measuring and hopefully have a diagram of how I want it set up while I am gone.

It's hard to believe it is less than two weeks until Jack's surgery.  I would be kidding myself if I said I wasn't worried.  We've lived with this for so long that I don't even know what's normal anymore.  And while I realize he will still have medical issues to deal with, he's going to feel so much better.  Maybe he'll have energy and actually want to do things again.  He's lived on the couch for so long, just sitting there doing nothing, that I forget what it was like when he had energy.  He forgets what it was like when he had energy!


I better go eat.  I'm going to finish my left overs from last night's dinner.



This is a cheese crisp with sour cream, guacamole and green chili on it.  It was so, so good.  In fact, it is my new favorite dish at Don Ruben's Mexican Food Restaurant.  If you live in the Phoenix area, they are located in Glendale at 43rd Avenue and Cactus.  They have the best Mexican food in town.  And they are always busy.  The manager sits and talks with you and the servers are always nice.  The prices are pretty good too.

Well, dinner awaits.  Be blessed,

Sue

1 comment:

  1. That cake looks yummy!!

    As you could tell I can relate to the dust. We have a field directly behind us. they are harvesting cotton near us too, so it's very dusty here. However, that was a result of laziness on my part :)

    ReplyDelete