Friday, October 8, 2010

Still waiting....

Hubby talked to the transplant coordinator today.  He wanted to make sure they hadn't forgotten him.  They assured him they had not forgotten about him and he is still at the top of the list.  There is just no way to know when the needed organs will be there.  Just like we were told two weeks ago...it could happen tonight. 

I hope it happens soon.  Jack is so tired of dialysis.  It takes a lot out of him physically and mentally.  I know a gal whose husband is on dialysis and has been for nine years.  He doesn't want a kidney transplant and will be on dialysis for the rest of his life.  I can't imagine Jack living like that. 

I hope it happens soon.  I have the next four days off so I will spend it cleaning and sanitizing the house again this weekend.  I want to make sure he comes home to as sterile a home as possible.  In all seriousness, an impossible task with my two dogs, but still...

My mom is back east for two weeks.  I really hate it when she goes out of town.  I really feel her absence when she is gone and it seems like something always happens when she is out of town.  So it wouldn't surprise me at all if we were to get the call while she is gone.

My son is moving to Florida next week.  He's moved out of his apartment and staying with me for a few days before he leaves.  The kid is almost 30, single and has nothing that holds him here.  He wants a change of scenery and feels he can find more work in his trade out there, than he can here.   I don't want him to go...and told him I was going to ground him for six months.  He laughed.  I don't think he believes me.  I think a part of me is jealous.  Sometimes I think I would love to just move away and start all over.  But one thing I've learned in my 50 plus years of living...trouble always finds you where ever you go.  So make the best of what you have where you are and live the best life you can.

My laptop crashed again!  It was working fine for a short time and now I can't even shut it down or open anything up.  I will never buy another laptop from Toshiba.  My nephew Mohan, (he adopted us), who is a computer GEEK, has offered his services and will take my computer home with him to see if he can fix it.  Personally, I think the best thing I can do for that laptop is to take it out to the desert and put it out of it's misery!  But Mohan wants a shot at it first.  If this kid can fix it, I'll owe him a dinner or something!  If he can't fix it, I'm taking it out to the desert for target practice!

With my laptop down and the possibility of Jack's surgery any moment, I don't know when I'll be back online.  Maybe the next time I post to my blog it will be to share Jack's transplant story!  Wouldn't that be grand!  So, if I don't get online before next week, have a wonderful weekend!

Be blessed,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment