Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday




Today I am going to try something new.  I am going to try blogging to Thankful Thursday.  Each Thursday you blog something(s) you are thankful for.

1.  I am thankful that I still have my mom and dad here. While they are now getting much older and their bodies have become aged, I am still so glad they are here.  I am also thankful that in this day and age of divorce, my parents are still married.

2. I am thankful that my husband, with everything he is going through health wise, still wakes me up each morning with a cup of coffee and makes me breakfast.  I don't tell him how much I appreciate this enough.

3.  I am thankful that God blessed me with four children that came from my womb, and three that came with my husband.  I love each one of my children and can't imagine life without them.  They have blessed me countless times over the years.

4.  I am thankful for my grandchildren.  They bring so much joy to my life, they make me feel young and they make me laugh.  Each one of them is special in their own way and it has been a privilege to watch them grow and become their own  persons. 

5. I am thankful for my church.  I am who I am as a Christian because of the faithful teaching of my pastor and small group leaders.  You have walked with me through some of the hardest times in my life as well as the best times.

6. I am thankful for friends, both live and on the internet.  You have counseled me, prayed for me, cheered me up when I was down, encouraged me when I thought I couldn't do something.  You have shown me that the world is not such a bad place after all.

7.  I am thankful for the precious Word, my Bible.  The promises in it are breath to me.  It gives me life and hope.  It shows me God's love, unfailing.

8.  Most importantly, I am thankful for my Savior.  I truly believe I could not have gone on at times if I hadn't had His hand in mine.  The ability to cry out to my Father and know that I know that I know, He will hear me and respond, is amazing.  I look forward to that day when I can meet my Savior face to face.  I pray that while I am here on earth, I will walk His walk.  May I always point to His glory.

What  are you thankful for today?

Be blessed,

Sue

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sue...these are wonderful things to be thankful for! I'm so glad you joined in today!
    Good Job sista!

    Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete