Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze Fun!

On Sunday, I had the delightful opportunity to go with my youngest daughter to a pumpkin patch and corn maze.  She was taking three of her children and a niece with her and invited me along.  Having always wanted to visit a corn maze, I didn't hesitate to join her.  We had dollar off coupons so the cost was only $6 a person. 

At the time, I thought the cost also included a pumpkin, so I thought it was a pretty good deal!  Therefore, I was quite surprised when we arrived to find out that pumpkins were extra.  But considering the farm also had a petting zoo, train (which turned out to cost $2 a person), and bouncy house, we figured it would be worth the cost.

When we first entered, we saw a slide and the kids immediately ran to it and started going down it.  I reminded them that they can go down a slide anytime and there was a lot for them to see and do.  I told Desi that there were horses to pet and pointed to the fence.  Desi loves animals so she didn't need any encouragement, and she ran right over to the horses.  Lilly was a little hesitant at first, but once she saw Desi pet the horse, she tried it herself.


Desi had no fear of the horse!


Lilly was a little unsure...

 

But with a little encouragement, she did pet the horse.
As you can see by the above picture, Desi is having a blast with the horse.  She has this magnetic draw to animals and they seem to be drawn to her as well.  Jaciana kept her distance from the horse which turned out to be a wise decision.

After we visited the horses, we next went to see the goats. 


Enhanced by Zemanta
There was also an ostrich in a cage there and we took the girls to see it.  (I was sad to see it in a cage.)  It had a warning side on the cage that stated that it might bite so we made sure the girls didn't get too close.  Desi would have walked right up to the cage if we'd let her.  Lilly and Jaciana were sure they were already too close!


Lilly really didn't want to be that close at all!



After the petting zoo, we headed over to the maze.  I, myself, had never been in a corn maze.  Every year I tell myself, "this is the year..." but I never follow through.  I was always a little nervous about getting lost inside one!  But since I had my daughter with me, I thought it would be fun!



Peek-a-boo!
Needless to say, I was more than slightly disappointed.  The maze was more like one path that went from the entrance around to the exit.  There were no side paths or alternative routes to take.  There was no way to get lost! 

Then we headed over to the bouncy house.  Of course I couldn't miss some great photo opportunities...




My grandson fell asleep before we got there and slept through the whole visit. 



It was getting hot and the girls Nana was getting tired.  One last stop to see the piggies and then we were done. 



It is entirely possible that the maze we went through was the kiddy maze.  There was a bigger maze behind the bouncy house, but my daughter's niece turned out to be allergic to farm animals.  Her eyes were all red and swollen and her face was red and blotchy. We were going to buy some pumpkins but decided that we needed to get her out of there ASAP!   Sandy would bring her girls back to buy pumpkins on another day.  (Thankfully, once they got home, a dose of Benyadryl cleared her up.)

I don't know if it was worth the $6, but we sure had fun!

Tomorrow, I am going to try to post a post for  Wednesdays Walk.  I have no clue what it will be about, so stay tuned!
Be blessed,

Sue

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun place for kids. Sorry that the niece got hives...but glad she was ok. (I am really allergic like that...so I totally understand the panic that happens...and just wanting to get out of there.)

    My daughter and kids plan on going to a corn maze this year. Not me...I am too allergic to mold etc.

    Cute pictures Sue. Glad you had fun with the grand kids. They are cute!

    ReplyDelete