Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can I boast a little more?

So, if you know me, you know that all my kids are grown up and have lives of their own.  Which of course means, that I have empty nest syndrome.  Yeah, my life is a drag.  Every day I have to come home to a quiet house knowing that it will be in the same shape it was in when I left it, (other than the slight mess my husband makes, which, as the original "rain man" is very little).

I never get to come home to messy bathrooms, unkempt bedrooms, dishes in the sink, etc.  Phone calls from teachers asking why my child wasn't at school today (she wasn't? What???  KERRY!!), or the school nurse calling to tell me my son fell on the play ground and needs to go to the ER because "we think he broke his leg," (yet the next day there he was climbing the tree), or strange boys calling at all hours of the night to talk to one of my girls, never happen anymore.  (Now a midnight call would be the wrong number!)  Nope, I never get to have that kind of excitement anymore!  Like I said, my life is sooo boring.  (And if you don't know me, you don't know how sarcastic I am being right now!)  I LOVE the empty nest!!!

But...I miss my kids.  I miss those hugs in the morning when I sent them off to school.  I miss the midnight cuddles when they climbed in my bed after having a bad dream.  I miss dressing them up and taking them to church.  I miss watching the excited expressions on their faces as they learned something new about the world they were growing up in.  I definitely miss feeling them inside of me as they grew. 

I guess that's why I love reading blogs written by other mommies.  It reminds me of a time of new beginnings, youth, discovery and becoming an adult.  It also makes me wish blogs were out there when I was a young mom.  *sigh*  I've made so many mistakes!  And who knows that I wouldn't make them still even if the blogs were out there when my kids were  young?  But just reading about all the ideas, crafts, homeschool escapades, etc., make me wish I'd had more resources available when my kids were young.

OK, enough of that!!!

Now that I got that out of my system, allow me to boast a little more.

I have the most handsome grandson!  He is 16 years old and in ROTC.  He wants to fly airplanes when he is older.  This kid is awesome!  He is very smart as well.  And man, does he look great in a uniform!


This is Jared, my first born grandson.  I hope he knows how much his Grandma and Papa love him.  We expect great things from this guy and are convinced he will succeed. 





Psalm 27:13 (NIV) 



I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.


Be blessed,
 
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment