Sunday, August 29, 2010

When God talks

I love it when God speaks to me.  Especially when He speaks to me in a way that I know, that I know, that I know, it was Him.  This time, He spoke to me at church during the worship service.  It actually caught me off guard because I wasn't even expecting anything.  Let me explain...

In Friday's blog, I ranted.  I wrote some things I've not really talked about to anyone and it's caused me to do a lot of praying and talking to God about specific issues.  While I was praying and crying out to God, an old song came into my head by Petra called "Grave Robber." Where is the sting, tell me where is the bite, when the grave robber comes like a thief in the night?  I thought it was strange for that particular song to pop into my head right at that moment, especially considering it has been years since I've heard it.  I didn't think a whole lot about it, and soon forgot about it as I was getting ready for church.

During the worship service we sang a song I was unfamiliar with.  However, one of the verses in the song said "death, where is your sting".   My hands flew to my mouth and my eyes opened wide.  I realized instantly that God was talking to me.  So I began to pray and ask Him what he would have me do.  At that point we started another worship song called "Clean."  As we sang it I clearly heard my Father tell me to listen to the words.  The first part of the song is "My God has rescued me, taken my rags and made me clean.  Opened my eyes, so I could see.  My God has rescued me."  I felt God say, "keep listening" so I did.  "And all I have, I give to You.  All I have, I give to You."  At that point I clearly heard Him said, "wait for it" and then it came..."I lay it at Your feet.  I lay it at Your feet."   God was clearly telling me to take the situation that I have been praying and agonizing over and lay it at His feet.

I didn't get a "yes" or "no" answer from Him, which was really what I was looking for.  But what I did get was that I need to lay it at His feet and He will answer in the way He sees best for my life in His time.  I have to stop stressing over it, crying over it, worrying over it, and just lay it at His feet!

You know, when God speaks to me this clearly, a yes or no answer isn't as important as I thought it would be.  Just knowing that God loves me enough to even speak to me at all knocks my socks off.  But to go about it in the way He did at church, well, even now it makes me weep.

The message that the pastor spoke on had everything to do with my agonizing prayer.  I was blown away by it.  It was like a soothing balm over my wounded soul.  I had a hard time not weeping during the message.

He had the Ministry Team come forward after the service and invited anyone who needed prayer in this area to come forward.  He also invited anyone who just needed prayer to also come forward.  I knew I needed to go up there, but it is a very delicate issue and not something I can just talk to anyone about.  So I hesitated.  I finally said, "God, if You want me to get prayer, show me someone I would be able to approach.  I don't want to just talk to anyone up there."  Standing all the way at the end of the front of the stage was one of the associate pastor's wife.  I just knew she was the one to talk to.  So, before anyone else had a chance to grab her, I darted out of my seat and went up to her.

I really didn't have to tell her very much.  In fact, I just said a few words and she started to pray.  Without knowing my situation at all, she prayed for specific areas in my life that I was dealing with and said things that went right to my heart.  She repeated parts of conversations I was having with God.  I mean, if this was a baseball game, she would have hit a home run right out of the park.  God was definitely speaking to me through this woman!

The situation in my life has not changed.  I am still struggling and dealing with everything.  But today, I don't feel like I'm all alone with it.  I know God is walking with me through this and encouraging me to lay it all at His feet.  I don't know yet, what His answer is.  But I know He has one and will give it to me in good time.  I think for now though, He wants me to trust Him, and also He wants me to know, He hears my prayers.  So, I lay it all at His feet!

Psalm 18:19 (NIV)
He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me.


God is speaking to you.  Are you listening?

Be blessed,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment