Monday, August 9, 2010

God is always so good!

I love it when God does something special for me to let me know He is here and He loves me.  It tickles me right down to my toes!  And this weekend, He did it twice!  I love Him so much!

Let me back up and explain. 

If  you've been reading my blogs (and thanks if you do, by the way), you know that last Friday was a very difficult day for me.  I ending my blog with the scripture from Psalm 121: 1-2 (I lift my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.)

That scripture has special meaning to me because it was also a worship song our church did.  When Christy died, it was the only song we sang at her funeral.  For a long time afterwards, I couldn't sing that song without crying my eyes out.  It literally broke my heart.  But then one day God had me really listen to the words and I realized what a wonderful worship song it was and I no longer wept while signing it (unless it was good tears).

Anyway....it's been 16 years since Christy went on to be with our Daddy and worship songs have come and gone over the years.  That particular song is one of the old ones that we really don't sing anymore. 

So imagine my delight when this weekend at church our Worship Pastor did this song!  I remembered posting that scripture on Friday and knew immediately that it was God's way of telling me He is with me always and knows my heart.  I sang with such joy!  What a blessing He gave me.

My pastor started a new topic this weekend and he told us that we would be studying it for a couple of months.  We will be going through it verse by verse so we can fully understand what Jesus was teaching us.  That topic: The Sermon on the Mount!  I could tell by listening to his introductory message that this series is going to be exciting, life changing, emotional and maybe even a bit difficult.  I can't wait!

I read my Bible before I go to sleep at night.  I always want my last thoughts to be good thoughts, not stressful thoughts such as difficult events in my life, bills needing to be paid, family crisis, etc.  So reading the Bible right before falling asleep seems to help me have a right frame of mind and, as a bonus, very peaceful dreams.   Because I tend to read until I can no longer keep my eyes open, I usually don't know what the next chapter will be about.  So imagine my surprise last night when I opened up my Bible where I'd left off the night before and, I was at Matthew, Chapter 5 . . . The Sermon on the Mount! 

I don't believe those two events were coincidences!  I know it was my Daddy letting me know He loves me, He cares for me, and He will help me through whatever comes my way.  I got God bumps all over me! 

For those who are reading my blog, (again, thank you!), I wasn't sure if you new the words to the song so I'm going to post them below.  It is from Psalm 121.

I lift my eyes up
To the mountain
Where does my help come from?

My help comes from You
Maker of Heaven
Creator of the earth.

Oh how I need You Lord
You are my only hope
You're my only prayer

So I will wait for You
To come and rescue me
Come and give me life
                   (Brian Doerksen)

It's the start of a new week.  A lot is happening this week.  The legislature is going into a special session so work will be crazy busy for a few days.  On Thursday my youngest is going to be induced and I plan to be with her in the delivery room.  Her oldest child starts Kindergarten on Wednesday.  I also have a six year old grandson who starts first grade today.  I have a granddaughter who is starting her Freshman year and another starting her Senior year.  Milestones in each of their lives.  Then of course there are the other in betweens also starting school.  Love them all so very much!

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Be blessed,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment