Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Now on to the General!

The primary is over in AZ.  Monday night I thought I was going to scream.  Four political commercials in a row and all of them attacking their opponent.  Seriously, I don't want to hear what is wrong with the other guy...I want to hear what is right about you!  Tell me what you will do for me if elected.  Tell me why I should elect you.  And please, oh please, don't lie about your accomplishments!  The Internet is full of information and it will only take me a few minutes to read up on you. 

Most of the candidates I voted for made it to the general election.  There is only one that is still questionable (almost 50/50 between the two), but I am praying.  We need officials who will support our Constitution and work for "we the people."  I will be so glad when November is here and the elections are over.  I really hope and pray the people will let Washington and their government know how they truly feel!  We have been silent for too long and now we need to fix it.

Tonight is 'girls night out' with my best friend.  Lord knows I need it!  It's been a long week and my weekend was busy as well.  I would love to go on vacation somewhere up in the mountains.  I wish I could just pack up my tent, sleeping bag, air mattress and camping gear and just go.  I would too, if I wasn't worried about leaving Jack alone.  *sigh*  Anyone have a kidney they don't want?  (Must have 0+ blood...)

Speaking of kidneys, Jack and I spent the morning out at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. The staff out there are the best!  He had four appointments on his itinerary, two in the morning and two in the afternoon...one of them late afternoon.  He got his first two appointments done before lunch and they told us to come back right after we ate rather than wait until 2:30.  So after lunch we came back and it was a simple chest x-ray.  Then they sent us over to the department to get his EKG done.  His appointment was for 3:15 but they took us right in.  We were done and on our way home by 1:00.  So what was to be an incredibly long day turned out to be a shorter one.  We go to the Phoenix clinic next month to meet with the transplant doctors to go over his results.  I pray we have as easy a time there as we did at the Scottsdale clinic. 

Jack has decided to talk to the doctors about a possible pancreas/kidney transplant.  Originally we had decided to just go for the kidney because we thought one of his children or sisters would be a candidate as a living donor.  However, Mayo has very strict requirements and none of them are viable candidates. (Diabetes gene, kidney problems, etc.)  We currently have someone outside the family who is being tested as a possibility and we are praying.  But, having our hopes dashed several times, we are not allowing ourselves to get our hopes up this time.  We are putting it in God's hands since He already knows where that kidney is.

But if this person turns out to also not be a candidate, then we are going to look into the pancreas/kidney transplant.  We've been told the wait is shorter if we go this route, but, it would mean someone else would have to die.  It's hard to think about that.

So, my BFF is here and ready to take me out.  I already feel better!

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have life everlasting.

Be blessed,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment